It’s time for another dose of randomness!
Life Lately posts are just a quick and easy way for me to let you know what I’ve been up to lately. Feel free to do this on your own blog if you like the idea!
1. Our daughter turned four yesterday! This year, we decided to just have close family for her party with pizza, ice cream cake, and presents because next year she will have all of her little kindergarten friends attending and chaos will ensue! I wanted to enjoy one nice, somewhat quiet party before then. This year’s theme was Paw Patrol, specifically Chase, the police dog.
2. This Saturday, we are scheduled to have a family photo session with our friend and incredibly talented photographer, Tanya Plonka. Tanya has been our photographer ever since we got engaged and she has always made us look fabulous! But one thing that has not been fabulous is the planning and coordinating of our outfits for the photos. Fashion ensembles do not come easily to me, and trying to get everyone to fit into our chosen colour scheme has been a huge headache. Luckily, I was able to borrow some coloured jeans for my daughter from a friend, and I found a sweater for myself that I had to order online using two-day shipping. Once we are all looking our best and the photos have been snapped, I think my stress level will finally go down.
3. After Thanksgiving, my husband and I are heading to Vancouver for a weekend to visit some friends. The last time I was in Vancouver was for Expo ’86 when I was just three years old, so I don’t remember much. My husband and his friend, Travis, have done most of the planning for our trip, but I trust that they know what they are doing. My husband has been to Vancouver more recently than I have, so it should be a fun, albeit quick, 72 hours.
4. Recently, I proposed an idea to my friend, Erin, where we would go on a caffeine bender trying out the pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, Tim Horton’s, and McDonald’s to see which one is the best. It was then that she informed me she hates pumpkin spice. Ouch! My heart! (Hee hee hee!) Ever since then, if I find something pumpkin spice flavoured, I feel it necessary to text her a photo or mention it to her just so she can reply with the green pukey emoji. I have a good laugh. #sorrynotsorry ;)
5. I make it a rule not to talk politics on this blog because, quite frankly, I couldn’t hold up one end of a political conversation to save my life. But I did want to comment on one part of the election in particular — campaign signs you find on the side of the road. We are in Lethbridge, so naturally it gets windy from time to time (or all the time). You would think this would be taken into consideration when choosing the design of your sign. Signs that are high off the ground and held up by a metal frame don’t seem to stand up as well as signs that are anchored as low to the ground as possible with wooden stakes. That’s just my two cents.
That’s all I have for today. Hope you have a great week!