I’m not one of those women that hates telling people how old she is. It sometimes takes me a moment to remember the number, but when I do I have no qualms saying it out loud. So I have no problem telling you that, this past Saturday, I turned 34.
Am I where I thought I would be when I turned 34? Hell, I don’t know! When I was younger, I don’t think I thought much about what would happen to me past 30, so I am not worried one bit that young Jenn would be embarrassed or shocked about how my life is today.
So who is Jenn today?
I find that I can best express my thoughts in point-form:
- I am married to my loving, supportive husband of almost 10 years.
- I have a caring, precocious three-year-old daughter.
- I am happily employed as an administrative assistant in an industry I am interested in and an organization I am proud to be a part of.
- We live a comfortable lifestyle and thankfully carry no debt.
- A minimalist lifestyle appeals to me and I am working on removing unnecessary material possessions from our home. (Too much “stuff” makes me anxious.)
- I’ve lived the life of a dancer for the past four years and am now trying to figure out what my next hobby/activity/passion will be.
- I’m working on becoming a healthier person by steering my eating habits in a more positive direction and exercising more than I used to.
- I love rock music and hope to see plenty more live concerts in the future.
- I love London, England, and am over the moon excited to travel there for a third time in May/June of this year.
- I am passionate about what I think are out of the ordinary things like Kill Bill, Linkin Park, and Anne Frank. (Sometimes I fear these passions make me too one-dimensional.)
- I require a lot of down time to recharge my batteries, so I’m often found at home rather than out on the town.
For the most part, I am happy with the person I am today. It has taken me a long time to be able to say that.
Thirty-four years, even.