I’m going to try something a little different on the blog called Life Lately.
Really, its just a quick and easy way for me to let you know what I’ve been up to lately. Feel free to do this on your own blog if you like the idea.
1. As my dance instructor announced this week, we have only SIX MORE WEEKS until our final show. Gosh, even typing that made my heart beat faster. We’ve finished learning choreography for the two numbers that I am in, so we will be using the remaining weeks to polish things and practice the difficult parts over, and over, and over again. It is tedious, we get yelled at, and your buttons get pushed, but it is worth it to make the show run smoothly and the dances seem effortless.
2. I’ve felt burnt out from almost everything these days. How about you? I don’t feel refreshed with the start of the new year but more like I’m constantly running to catch up. This leaves me exhausted at the end of the day and not wanting to do much but be a blob on the couch and watch my YouTube subscriptions. I’m also pretty sure my Instagram followers are wondering why the hell I have an account in the first place. Believe me, I do too. I’m not a photophile by any means. I’m more in the moment when things are happening, and grabbing my phone to take a photo is one of the last things I think of. Maybe I should start creating to-do lists so I can feel like I actually accomplished something when I’m that exhausted blob at the end of the day.
3. I may not be a photophile, but I am definitely a musicphile! I have quite an eclectic taste in music, and when I find something I love I am quick to share it with others.
These are some songs I have recently saved on Spotify:
- Saint Cecilia by Foo Fighters
- How Did You Love by Shinedown
- Good Thing by Fine Young Cannibals
- Plus five songs by Kenny Rogers (I told you I had an eclectic taste in music)
4. Who else has been watching the current season of Sherlock? My husband and I have been watching it Sunday nights during Masterpiece on PBS. O.M.G. How good was The Lying Detective episode? It now ranks as one of my top favourite episodes! Last week, while planning where we will stay during our trip to London, I found a nice hotel only a few blocks west of where they film the exterior of 221B Baker Street (which is actually 187 North Gower Street). This has ramped up my excitement about our trip quite a bit, so I hope we can book it and maybe eat a few times at Speedy’s (which is an actual sandwich shop). Eeeeeeeeeeeee!
5. Along with dance, I’ve started Couch to 5k again. If you followed me this past summer on Instagram (when I was posting every day, har har), you may remember seeing a few photos where I shared my progress. Well, I got to Day 3 of Week 5 and kinda just stuck there. Yesterday, I finished Day 3 of Week 2 and I don’t feel challenged yet. YAY! I’m one of those oddballs that actually loves running on the treadmill as opposed to going outside and pounding the pavement. What helps get me through my runs is a good playlist. I will share my running playlist with you in a future post.
What have you been listening to lately? I’m always interested in others’ taste in music.
Have you ever been to London? If so, what did you enjoy the most? I’ve been on the London Eye during the day, but now I want to see what it is like at night.